- Find us with google maps
- +32 (0)2 515.00.22
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why prepainted metal roofing?
Prepainted metal roofing has been used successfully since years in commercial, public and industrial buildings. There are many benefits of owning a prepainted metal roof: it is energy efficient, available in a wide variety of finishes, designs and colours. Prepainted metal roofing is sustainable: it contains significant recycled content; it lasts much longer than most non-metal roofing products and is 100% recyclable at the end of its useful life. It has a long life expectancy; on the whole life cycle it is the best profitable product for roofing. It is a comfortable and safe product for your residential buildings.
2. What are the materials mostly used in prepainted metal roofing systems? For prepainted metal roofing systems, the materials most commonly used are prepainted steel and aluminium. These products are coated using the coil coating process and are made up of a series of layers, each with a particular function, applied to provide the functional and aesthetic performance required. They are manufactured under factory controlled conditions providing high quality, environmental friendly and cost effective products.
2. What are the materials mostly used in prepainted metal roofing systems?
For prepainted metal roofing systems, the materials most commonly used are prepainted steel and aluminium. These products are coated using the coil coating process and are made up of a series of layers, each with a particular function, applied to provide the functional and aesthetic performance required. They are manufactured under factory controlled conditions providing high quality, environmental friendly and cost effective products.
3. Where can I buy a prepainted metal roof?
Prepainted metal roof systems are widely available across Europe from a number of principle suppliers, manufacturers and installers.
4. What about colours and styles?
Prepainted metal roofs are almost limitless in their range of colours, textures and profile shapes. Each manufacturer has a unique offering, which will meet with the needs of the client. Individual styles of roof can be accommodated and in many cases specific features can be enhanced through the use of prepainted metal roofing and the use of complimentary trims.
See more about:
5. What is the life expectancy of a prepainted metal roof?
The life expectancy of prepainted metal roofs will depend upon a number of different factors including climatic conditions and the type of material initially specified. Generally a prepainted metal roof has an aesthetic and cosmetic life approaching 30 years. This can be linked to a functional life approaching 60 years. The best possible performance from any roof will be secured by undertaking periodic inspections and completing any required maintenance.
6. In case of renovation does an existing roof need to be torn off to install a prepainted metal roof?
Not necessarily. In most situations, the metal roof can be installed directly over the old roof. Your local contractor will check local building codes.
7. What is the cost of a prepainted metal roof?
The cost of a prepainted metal roof, like any other type of roofing system, will depend on a number of different factors. Principally the cost will involve an element of each of the following items:
- roof shape and style
- colour and coating system
- complexity of the roof In general terms and taking all other factors as equal an installed prepainted metal roof will have a cost which is competitive to traditional systems.
8. Are prepainted metal roofs environmentally friendly?
The metal content of the new prepainted roof contains a high percentage of recycled material. Prepainted metal is a sustainable building material, which is 100% recyclable at the end of its life. This approach reduces the environmental impact and provides a low life cycle costing compared with some other materials.
Know more about the environment
9. Is a prepainted metal roof energy efficient?
Prepainted metal roofing in the light colour range together with a low thermal mass results in reduced heat retention after a long hot summer day providing specifiers an opportunity to achieve cooler surface temperatures. Conversely during the winter period a highly insulated roof system responds quickly to retain heat within the structure and provide instant comfort.
10. Are prepainted metal roofs heavy?
Prepainted metal roof coverings are produced from thin gauge structural components, which are approximately one third to one eighth the weight of conventional roof covering such as shingles. The lower weight results in reduced load on the sub structure and offers considerable advantages when it comes to handling and positioning the sheets on the roof. In refurbishment applications and depending upon a satisfactory survey of the existing roof prepainted metal solutions can be installed directly over old roofing materials without the need for prior removal.
11. Are prepainted metal roofs noisy?
Prepainted metal roofing exhibits a different noise pattern to alternative heavy weight solutions. However, with the introduction of modern combined acoustic and thermal insulation materials high levels of noise reduction can be achieved. This is confirmed through the use of the materials and systems in quiet applications such as commercial and educational establishments. The system supplier or the installation contractor would be able to advise on specific specifications.
12. Can a prepainted metal roof stand up to extreme weather?
12. Can a prepainted metal roof stand up to extreme weather?
Prepainted metal roofing has been used in a wide range of climatic conditions from the Northern European cold and snow through to hot and dusty environments experienced in some Southern European areas. Manufacturers performance statements take account of many years of experience and extensive field and laboratory testing. The product has a sound history in a wide range of applications and environments and has performed to highest standards.
13. Does a prepainted metal roof attract more lightning than other roofs?
No, prepainted metal roofing is no more susceptible to lightning than any other roofing material.
Yes. Prepainted roofing systems can be walked on without breaking or cracking.
15. Shall I face problems installing accessories on a prepainted metal roof?
No, there are easy methods to install accessories on prepainted metal roofs. The installers will advice you.